A typical day...
Activities and timing vary with age group and teacher, but the following is representative for most classes.
9:15 for morning classes, 12:30 for afternoon classes;
Child places backpack on tarp (or in a cubby when class meets at the schoolhouse);
Creek play (nature exploration);
Changing time at tarp;
Sand play, "Bunny Hill", or a hike;
Lunch (for 2-year-old class)
Sign in and read weekly notes from head teacher;
11:45am for morning classes; 3pm for afternoon classes; 3:45pm for Saturday PM class
What to bring:
- old clothes
- shoes or boots suitable for creek play
- water bottle
- plastic bag for wet clothes
- lunch (depending on class)
- sweatshirt or jacket
- sunscreen & mosquito repellant
- one (or two) changes of clothes, including underwear and shoes
- old clothes & sturdy shoes, boots for creek play
- jacket or sweatshirt
- clipboard & pen
- boots & umbrellas for rain walks
In the winter, school is based at our "Mountain School" also known as the "Little Red Schoolhouse".
In the fall and spring our "School in the Woods" is located at one of two outdoor sites (listed below). Saturday classes will use outdoor sites as available.
Steven's Creek Park Cooley Picnic Area
11401 Stevens Creek Canyon Road, Cupertino, CA 95014
22801 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, CA 95070